Seasonal Beers to Try
School is back in session and summer is quickly coming to a close. But, that just means we’re getting closer to cooler weather, the leaves changing colors, and holiday food and drinks. Not to mention, the release of our new seasonal beers. So, the next time you swing by Festival, be sure to pick up a case of pumpkin-inspired seasonal beer before it’s too late.
Samuel Adams Octoberfest
Samuel Adams Octoberfest has a rich, deep golden amber hue that perfectly reflects the fall season in which it’s released each year. This beer blends four roasts of barley to create a delicious blend of sweet flavors like caramel and toffee.
- 4.1- 5.3% ABV
- Food pairings: sausage, roasted chicken, and pot roast
- Release date: around Sept. 1
- Flavors: pumpkin, squash, caramel, and maple syrup
Southern Tier Imperial Pumking
Imperial Pumking is a medium light bodied ale with a dark copper color. Before the first sip, you’ll notice aromas of pumpkin, pie spices, buttery crust, vanilla, and roasted pecans. But upon drinking, you’re welcomed with the sweet taste of pie crust and mild pumpkin flavor. Thus, making Imperial Pumking a great dessert beer.
- 8.6% ABV
- Food pairings: pumpkin pie and rolls, carrot cake, smoked foods, creamy cheeses, and traditional Thanksgiving dinner
- Release date: late August 2017
- Flavors: candy corn, vanilla, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pie crust
Dogfish Head Punkin Ale
As the season cools, Dogfish Head Punkin Ale is the perfect beer to warm up with. This full-bodied brown ale has smooth hints of pumpkin and brown sugar in every sip. And, it is brewed with the finest pumpkin meat, brown sugar, and spices. When you find it, grab some extra because it is usually gone by Thanksgiving.
- 7% ABV
- Food pairings: turkey, roasted duck, lamb, stuffing, dessert dumplings
- Release date: August – November
- Flavors: cinnamon, brown sugar and pumpkin
The beer of Munich’s famous Oktoberfest is aromatic, savory, and gold in color. Spaten Oktoberfest is a medium bodied beer that has achieved its great taste by balancing the roasted malt flavor with the perfect amount of hops. You will notice aromas of corn, caramel, butter, and biscuits, as well as a uniquely bitter finishing taste.
- 5.9% ABV
- Food pairings: hearty dishes including sausages, pork, fried chicken and Mexican entrees
- Release date: fall months
- Flavors: caramel sweetness, buttered biscuits, and mild apple esters
Spice up the fall season with a little pumpkin flavor. Stop into Festival Wine and Spirits for all of your favorite limited release fall beers.